+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sierra Power Chess

Sierra Power Chess

I had a fine chess game, Sierra's Power Chess, that ran well on Windows 98. It won't run on my new Windows XP. Does anyone know where I can get the new version. Not looking for a free game, just can't locate the new version and hate to get something different.....
    Many thanks
    Bruce Matthews

Sierra Power Chess

Not sure there is a new version - I did a quick search, and this what I found: http://www.oldversion.com/talk/archive/index.php/t-2163.html

You may try with compatibility mode enabled and see if it helps, but I would highly doubt it...

Cheers,

Andrea

Sierra Power Chess

Thanks Andrea..... Guess I will go without..

Administrator

Sierra Power Chess

Bruce, welcome to the forum

Re:Sierra Power Chess

Compatibility didn't work as you warned. What I am look for is a computer game that allows me, when I lose a game, to return to the move or the area where I messed up and reset the pieces and play a different move. I don't care about the free download or the animated pieces or the wierd background of caverns and caldrons; just plain, straight-forward chess with some help maybe....
    Any ideas? Thanks..

Administrator

Re:Sierra Power Chess

Bruce, can you perhaps find something HERE (please click) that fulfills these requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce53 View Post
    I had a fine chess game, Sierra's Power Chess, that ran well on Windows 98. It won't run on my new Windows XP. Does anyone know where I can get the new version. Not looking for a free game, just can't locate the new version and hate to get something different.....
    Many thanks
    Bruce Matthews
    I understand your problem I like powerchess too,the solution is to get an old computer that runs win 98 and to use that computer,I have tried to use the windows compatiblity for win xp and it did not work,

+ Reply to Thread